• Fixture batch 1 out now!
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 out 26th October
  • Forza Horizon 4 out 2nd October
mowgli77

The Newbies Guide to PES on Play To Enjoy

324109344_NEWBIESGUIDE.thumb.jpg.626c701beee0af030b086f142b6c97ea.jpg

The Newbies Guide to PES on Play To Enjoy

How do I get started?

Say hello in the “Say Hi” section. Start a new thread and tell us a little bit about yourself. How long have you been playing PES? To what level/standard? What do you enjoy most about it, the 1 v 1, the co-op play, Master League etc etc?

If you are interested in joining the regular leagues set up (PS4 or XBOX) then register your interest in the PES League Sign Up (it’s near the bottom of the forum).

What happens next?

You’ll be allocated a team by the admin staff. This is a team of players rather than a team such as Manchester United. You’ll also be given a huge wad of cash to help you in the transfer market. This will be your personal team that you will use in league games and cup competitions on Play To Enjoy. It has a Fantasy Football element to it as you try to build a team/squad to take on the rest of Play To Enjoy. The transfer market is split across both the PS4 and XBOX sides so you can engage with both sides on the forum for your wheeling and dealing. Players only exist in one team so you won’t get the same player in 2 sides, regardless of console.

Creating your team.

Start up your PES game and go to edit mode. Go to transfer and then pick a team that you are going to edit. You’ll see that there is a “Brand Window” on this forum where players get to choose their teams. This is basically what kits you’ll wear and what real life team you’ll be using with your players in. As with the players there will only be one team across both consoles so you won’t see 3 people using Liverpool for example.

KEY POINT – If you play PES offline for leagues or tournaments against the computer and regularly use a team you like then don’t pick that team as your side to edit/use.

Once you’ve picked the team you want to use click into them and you’ll see their current team as it is in real life. You’ll now need to click on these players and choose “release” and they will leave that team. You can only do this for about 10 at a time before you get a message saying no more players can leave. You need to remove existing players and then add the players you’ve been allocated for your Play to Enjoy team. If you know which team they play for this is straightforward and if not you can use the search function. Make sure you get the right player; there are more than one Pogba and Lukaku for example. Once you’ve edited the team so it now only displays only your players you can come out of it and save it. At this point you might want to edit squad numbers etc, it’s up to you.

Setting the team up for online play.

Your team is now ready to be saved for online play where you’ll need to “Upload User Data” when in a match lobby. To do this you need to start a new season in Master League using the team you’ve chosen. The finer details of this (managers name, appearance etc) are not important. You can fly through this part in minutes; my manager for Master League is usually from Albania and is called G. Keep clicking through all the introductory screens until you get to the screen where it shows “Team Management”.

Set your team up as you want it to appear when you’ll be preparing for a match. Choose your formation, tactics etc and then come out of the “Team Management” screen. Towards the bottom of the options there is “Save Team Data”. You need to save your team here and create a new save file if one doesn’t already exist. Your team is now saved and ready to upload for your Play to Enjoy games.

Using your team.

If you haven’t played online much, apart from MyClub or Online Divisions then have a look for Friendly Match Lobby in the options. (Usually under online co-op) You can either set up a match lobby or you’ll receive an invite from someone else. When setting the conditions of the room choose “Entrance Limitations” as it prevents just any random person from jumping in and joining your game. The games are 15 mins long as standard, 3 substitutions and long setting for the menus. Extra time and penalties off. Go to invite and invite a fellow P2E member from your friends list. You’ll now need to click on “Upload User Data” and then choose the saved file you made in Master League. When you both click OK it will take you through to the screen where you then check the form of your players and select your starting line up. This will be your Play to Enjoy team with all your shiny new players.

Transfers.

It’s a bit of a ball ache but it doesn’t take that long when you get used to it. If you have made a record signing and want to add him in your side then you are going to have to transfer him into your team using edit/transfer mode and then go through the Master League set up again to save your team data, now containing your new player. I don’t think there is an easier way and sadly Konami don’t cater for us that want to play the game this way.

Enjoy.

I’m sure once you get used to how it all works you’ll love it. I had no idea how to set my team up, had never used Master League and found the forum quite hard to navigate at times. If you get stuck just ask someone for some help. Beware the forum vultures contacting you via PM and trying to sign your best players on the cheap, you’ll quickly get an idea of player values and have a team you’ve built that you can call your own.

• Like 16

Great write up @mowgli77 helpful for the new guys looking for a league spot and answers lots of questions.

Maybe @The Poacher might have something for you

• Like 1

Thanks for the detail a great overview  

If I move my players into my team doesn’t that then cause me problems playing offline with mates or starting a new master league?

for example if I am say ac Milan in this league and I get pogba assigned or signed. If I want to play Man Utd vs AC Milan offline against my mate the next time his is round aren’t the teams going to be screwed up as I have edited them?

2 minutes ago, Babangida4ever said:

If I move my players into my team doesn’t that then cause me problems playing offline with mates or starting a new master league?

for example if I am say ac Milan in this league and I get pogba assigned or signed. If I want to play Man Utd vs AC Milan offline against my mate the next time his is round aren’t the teams going to be screwed up as I have edited them?

Not at all, you can reset the transfers once you have created your team and saved the data. Only issue is when you make transfers in the league you then need to rebuild your team again and save the data again. 

15 minutes ago, Babangida4ever said:

Easy sorted bud 

build your playtoenjoy team 

after you have done that head to data manager then export team 

then click on your team 

this will give u a backup that you can import back in after your done playing offline 😉⚽️

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OZMAZSTER said:

Easy sorted bud 

build your playtoenjoy team 

after you have done that head to data manager then export team 

then click on your team 

this will give u a backup that you can import back in after your done playing offline 😉⚽️

Great advice a i know @blueyboy_73 @Cloughy have exported before their team 

Actually when playing a standard match with someone else it automatically applies live update so makes no difference, only when you click in the left stick does it use any edit data. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Metalprawn666 said:

Actually when playing a standard match with someone else it automatically applies live update so makes no difference, only when you click in the left stick does it use any edit data. 

Aye this for sure, apply live update resets the teams

Great! Again, thanks for the help.  (If any of the questions are covered please post a link to the topic)

1. Would you please expand on the mechanics of a trade for a player that IS NOT on anyone's' team listed in the spreadsheet? How do I go about signing him? Is there a cost to sign the player that is not on anyone's team?

2. What is a Sig as in  "Sigs must be no larger than 400 x 150".

4 minutes ago, AlexDelPiedo said:

Great! Again, thanks for the help.  (If any of the questions are covered please post a link to the topic)

1. Would you please expand on the mechanics of a trade for a player that IS NOT on anyone's' team listed in the spreadsheet? How do I go about signing him? Is there a cost to sign the player that is not on anyone's team?

2. What is a Sig as in  "Sigs must be no larger than 400 x 150".

1. This is hard to do :)

Occasionally there are auctions for players under 78 rating. If you win the auction, bring in any player you want under 78 but they usually cost a lot!

The second way, is every now and again (not every season) @The Vulture makes an appearance. You can strike a deal with him by swapping some of your players or cash for anyone not in the league. You gotta watch out though as he will bend you over for the priveledge :D

2. This is just the forum signatures and that's the size allowed, nothing bigger. That answer isn't as interesting as the first

3 hours ago, Babangida4ever said:

Like the guys have said, loads of ways of doing this. Say you have man utd (spit) as your brand then that becomes your save team data anyway, you don't actually pick man utd to play. 

Might not make sense now but basically don't worry about it when playing mates. It does affect master league though unless you use a workaround

I currently have 18 players that will fit into a Generic Game plan. However, it would be great if there were 25 players (max allowed) available, which would allow for a greater flexibility in Game Plan/Tactics customization.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexDelPiedo said:

I currently have 18 players that will fit into a Generic Game plan. However, it would be great if there were 25 players (max allowed) available, which would allow for a greater flexibility in Game Plan/Tactics customization.

You can have between 16 and 25 players in your team mate :)

You'll get 18 assigned and some cash but then it's up to you how you build it after that 

5 hours ago, mowgli77 said:

Nice bit of work,  well thought out, kudos 

1 hour ago, AlexDelPiedo said:

I love how enthusiastic you are mate. Try not to worry for now just focus on building your team and having some fun with then xbox mafia. 

Once the window opens next week you can build your team how you want. 

You on tonight for a game? 

Right I am not quite following how to make transfers

1. If I want a player that someone else has , do I just negotiate with that person and that could be for cash or a player swap or they could just give them to me :up:

2. If I want a player who is not used by anyone else. I have no idea what happpens here? 

3. what’s the deal with wages? Does my total wages plus any transfers need to come from the £10.9m I currently have

4. also how do you earn more money apart from selling players?

5. When starting a new season do I get a whole new team or just keep what I had previously?

loads of questions!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Babangida4ever said:

Right I am not quite following how to make transfers

1. If I want a player that someone else has , do I just negotiate with that person and that could be for cash or a player swap or they could just give them to me :up:

2. If I want a player who is not used by anyone else. I have no idea what happpens here? 

3. what’s the deal with wages? Does my total wages plus any transfers need to come from the £10.9m I currently have

4. also how do you earn more money apart from selling players?

5. When starting a new season do I get a whole new team or just keep what I had previously?

loads of questions!

I love the questions mate :D

I will be brief... 

1. Negotiate mate yes, cash or trade, or cash and trade! Can't get freebies off people..

2. Short answer, not much. Can't really bring people in until special events and it will be fully explained then

3. Wages, different challenges come and go through the season that dictates whether or not you pay wages. That 10.9m is your current wage total, you will get given a budget to start with that will be more than that. 

4. Community nights, articles for the front page (playtoenjoy.com) budgets given... cash isn't usually short :)

5. Thats your team for life :D Carries over each season