News Ticker
  • PESaholics place of worship
  • Join the P2E Red Dead Redemption Posse
  • P2E PUBG Crew (friendly fire kings)
  • SEASON 8 SIGN UPS OPEN NOW!!
Sign in to follow this  
blueyboy_73

PES 19 A Game

Having been lucky enough to get an invite to the PES 19 Roadshow ( Many Thanks to Asim Graham Bibby and the rest at jellymedia ) I got up at silly o clock ( 4 am ) headed to the airport and climbed aboard the B.52 that was waiting there for me ,i was off to Glasgow to the PES 19 roadshow, and i was looking forward to it .

plane.jpg

So having arrived in Glasgow check in the hotel etc etc , met up with Chuckyboy from PESworld , jumped in a cab and away we went to Celtic Park , i do however regret saying " No " when asked by the cabbie if we'd been to Celtic Park before as we then went on a wonderful tour of the City , at one stage i thought he was going to show us every ground in the SPL as we went past Easter Road . 

Arrived at the Stadium , walked round the stadium the long way to get to the door, due to poor info and we was in20180802_185154.jpg

20180802_132347.jpg

20180802_171723.jpg

There were tvs all in a row a cracking view of the pitch aswell sandwiches tea and Iron Bru on offer , today was going to be a good day .Met up with the other Pesworld lads , then P2E's very own @Ultravires made his grand entrance and we were all set to go, Quick press release, showing faces of SPL players that'll be in game release date ( 30th August Europe 28th US of A ) some more waffle about stuff we already new and hoorar  we were free to play and play we did , I know stop blathering on you aren't interested in the where's the why's and the how's . HOW DOES THE GAME PLAY 

I get the message i shall tell .......................

20180802_153318.jpg

MENUS

I like the new menus the darker colour is less intrusive on the eyes like 18's colour fest , i know a few are moaning about them but they are functional and serve a purpose not sure what else you need really .I especially like the pre game team line up screen nothing amazing but it does look nice. 

PES_ROADSHOW_Screenshot_2018-08-02_21-20

PES_ROADSHOW_Screenshot_2018-08-03_15-12

TACTICS 

Again all pretty much of a muchness , same advanced tactics as 18 few little editd on the buttons bit apart from that your not getting blown away here, then again if you want in depth tactics play football manager. The screens are the same , i di like the player likenesses on your squad like 18 , im hoping in 19 that players wont have that greyed out head as i feel that spoils it a touch, so we'll have to wait and see.

PES_ROADSHOW_Screenshot_2018-08-02_21-22

LIGHTING/GRAPHICS 

They've made alot about lighting this year as it was outsourced and rightly so ,it looks amazing , the combination of light and shade are less intrusive ,Players look superb especially the ones with faces , the details on boots is amazing its just a lovely looking game at some angles it looks almost real. there's not much point in trying to describe it as it wont do it justice , but the pics below will give you some idea.

PES_ROADSHOW_Screenshot_2018-08-02_21-29

PES_ROADSHOW_Screenshot_2018-08-03_15-22

PES_ROADSHOW_DJ_Screenshot_2018-08-03_19

PES_ROADSHOW_DJ_Screenshot_2018-08-03_16

PES_ROADSHOW_DJ_Screenshot_2018-08-03_16

GAMEPLAY 

I've said this every year for the last 3 games and i'll say it now, i always reserve full judgement on game play once ive played it online as thats where i and most players play the game. However playing this game offline was a joy , it felt like PES of old where you always had that 2 week re learning curve of the new game to get used to the new things,  the subtle changes to passing and shooting 19 is no different and Its said every year but this feels slightly slower , as the saying goes its PRO Evolution not PRO Revolution . Where to start .....

PASSING -

Liking this played PA1 and manual on this demo , dont see they point in playing anything else and it had a little learning curve and wasn't as on point as 18 it felt like a slightly assisted PES18 manual when you got it right it was crisp and direct, but slightly off and your chasing the ball or its intercepted breaking up  that move you had planned in your head, don't think your passing blindfold here and its hitting the recipient coz you'll be getting frustrated very quickly  , you need pick you pass and you'll find you will be taking a touch sometimes to set yourself in the right position to do the pass , no 100mph no look impossapass that see in 18 . Power is key you need to get that right you may find at first passes a bit short but you'll soon be back in the swing of things. Chip through balls have more variety , long press it does the normal way , low power and the player ( not all but most ) will scoop the ball into the air , it looks great as you crack a volley first time. Crossing is again not as onpoint obv using L1 will help but a standard cross can be to far in front or to quick for the attacker to get to, i liked the crossing although being on P2E im not a spam crosser so didnt really give it a good going over. Like i say it feels familiar but enough of change to feel new , but as always with pes after a few weeks it'll prob comfy  like a your favourite jumper and 18 will be a distant memory.

SHOOTING

Some new shooting mechanics promised this year , and yes its seems to have happened , i didnt manage to see or do one of the new ways, a rising shot but a couple of low knuckle type shots were seen and they look smart . Shooting from distance is nothing like 18 now , if you player has low shot power no point in trying from distance as it wont have to power to fly in any corner let alone the top corner, the keeper will gobble them up all day long. Scoring is difficult but not impossible keepers still good at 1 on 1 but the cheeky chip is still possible but same as passing you have to be set the correct way to maximise your chances of scoring again a learning curve is required again for the average player .

DRIBBLING  -

I'm no dribbler so i'm sure there's others out there that can give you a better run down of this , but things i did notice , dribbling with CB's should prob be avoided especially if they are lumps and turn like an oil tanker , as with players who arent high rated at dribbling  the ball just doesnt stick close at all and will be lost quickly . sprinting at pace isn't without danger even for the best dribblers you'll need to mix it up to keep full control of the ball , however get a bit a bit of space in front of you and you lad is quick you can burst away from slower players . Skills are the same im not very good at them i nearly pulled off one of the new moves, so very close. Dribblers will like the pace of the dribbling i think so ill be looking forward to seeing those that can do what they do. 

Being a demo its hard to cover everything that will be in game , but safe to say theres plenty of subtle and bigger changes to keep the most ardent pes player happy . Thers still some niggles , ref blowing up for silly fouls , advantage doesnt seem to be played as much and defenders still sometimes take that 2nd touch but nearly as much as 18 .

Goalkeepers are more of the same , harder to beat from distance and still prone to mistakes , but the balance has nearly been struck between the 2 so they can still be game savers and like 18 having a good gk will be important

PES_ROADSHOW_COOP_Screenshot_2018-08-04_

Physicality is more prominent a big CB will out muscle a smaller CF same as in MF its refreshing to see and may change how you tactically approach each game depending on the opposition.

PES_ROADSHOW_CAKEY_DJ_Screenshot_2018-08

Stamina will be a killer , we run one player into the ground on purpose after 75 mins he was on nothing tried a sprint and pulled up , hobbled then walked , another pass he chased and he pulled up again and hit the deck rolling about , looked so good and subs will play a big part in this game as wiil not sprinting all game .Unfortunately didnt capture it on vid but its def in there .

20180802_175154.jpg

NEW BITS - 

New quick sub is handy to use and easy aswell , could be a welcome addition saving time for that straight swap 

There are some new things i picked up on ive tried showing them in this video so hopefully you can see what i mean - 

16 seconds - Lots of new flicks inc this one i know some appear in 18 but they look more fluid in 19 

19 seconds - As said earlier scooping the ball on a low powered chip pass

22 seconds - Loved this little move the player clips the ball away and it back spins on the spot looks o good in game 

38 seconds - This was great aswell a little adjustment in the players stried to hit the ball better/on stronger foot as well as winding up for the shot , see this a few times

1.16 - Finally ball slow down , knock it down the wing the ball doesnt continue at the same speed till it goes out , it actually slows so you have a better chance of catching it 

1.30 - Looked to me a different animation for the cushion header 

1.37 - i know these are in 18 but they seem a bit easier to pull off in 19

1.47 - My attempt at one of the new skill moves ( more luck than skill ) so close lol

1.54 - not seen this in 18 so may be new , a stooping header 

last clip just a flowing move showing the game really 

I didn't capture everything that's new plus if i tell you all about it, It'll spoil it for you finding out or seeing it for yourself that first time feeling will be gone before its started . 

All in all and enjoyable day seeing faces in the community , ive still more games to upload . The game , yep im liking what i've seen , its not without its faults , then again what PES is but its an improvement on 18 and thats all we can ask for really . The real test is when the game is out and we try it online , then we can see if its the best PES ever. 

i may add to this as i see other stuff and im sure @Ultravires will have some comments to make on it himself 

Could be a winner here lads especially with all the new leagues and players that will be available 

20180802_184704.jpg

Edited by blueyboy_73
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Bravo mate spectacular write up. 

You pre ordered fifa yet? 

• Haha 2
  • What?! 1

nice one bluey, good to hear about the stamina tweek.

can't wait for demo now, good job I'm going away on holiday tomorrow for a week.

• Like 1

@PANDA can this be used for the 'our picks' section of the site and retweeted out?

Think it's worthy of some article money this one :claps:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheers for the quality info m8. Appreciate it :up:

Really looking forward to playing the demo now :hyper:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1